Test your broadband service
Happy with the results?
Did you know that...
Call us Now
What is the Speed Test measuring?
It estimates your current internet download speed. You will generally be able to get this speed from leading internet services providers(ISP).
How is the download speed calculated?
To calculate the download speed we perform several download test from different servers.
What can I do if I'm not getting the speed I pay for?
If results from our speed test doesn’t display the speed that you are paying for contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP) to troubleshoot your connection or you can give us a call at 1-844-909-0311 to see if there’s a faster internet service in your location.
What is Ping?
The ping is the reaction time of your connection–how fast you get a response after you’ve sent out a request. A fast ping means a more responsive connection, especially in applications where timing is everything (like video games).
What is Download Speed?
The download speed is how fast you can pull data from the server to you. Most connections are designed to download much faster than they upload, since the majority of online activity, like loading web pages or streaming videos, consists of downloads. Download speed is measured in megabits per second (Mbps).
What is Upload Speed?
The upload speed is how fast you send data from you to others. Uploading is necessary for sending big files via email, or in using video-chat to talk to someone else online (since you have to send your video feed to them). Upload speed is measured in megabits per second (Mbps).
Quick ways to stop most problems that may be slowing down your connection
- Ensure you’re getting a clean test. Stop any ongoing downloads, and shut down any programs that may be using your connection, such as peer-to-peer software.
- If you’re using Wi-Fi to connect, try using a wired Ethernet connection to eliminate the possibility of wireless interference.
- Reboot your modem and router. It’s the stock advice, but it solves an astonishing number of problems.
- After running those steps, you should now have enough evidence to contact your ISP if there’s a mismatch between your plan and the speeds you’re getting. See if they can run diagnostics on their end.
- Finally, you can consider changing ISPs if you feel you’re not getting what you pay for. You can check the fastest ISPs in your area by calling us at 1-844-909-0311